disi's to-do list for this week: (not in order)
- Figure out how to transfer my DAPrints money to paypal so I can buy Alice's Buster Keaton tape on Ebay.
- Sit down and watch a Wes Anderson film. Any film... I've heard so many wonders about him, and despise his films doesn't seem like my thing at all, I've decided to watch one.
- Learn a couple of good swear words in Latin.
- Retake the project of the Zine I was planning.
- Take a look at Blixa's (my cat) diary when she's taking a nap... I just know she's up to something, and I want to know what it is.
- Write an essay on how overrated David Fincher and Sam Mendes are.
I'm not 100% certain that you will like Wes Anderson. I would suggest starting with Rushmore, since it's so much fun.
I get the sense you've never seen any Hal Ashby. I really dig Harold & Maude and Being There, and I'd say that other than the French New Wave and maybe Orson Welles, Ashby is the clearest influence on Anderson's work.
As far as David Fincher and Sam Mendes, give it a rest! ;)
Write an essay about a movie you love. It's waaaay more challenging.